Urban Forestry Works has simplified the art of moving large trees with our patented Large Tree Transplanting System™
Our Large Tree Transplanting System ™ has made tree relocation a more practical solution, with both on site flexibility and the assurance of a more reliable process that guarantees successful large tree relocating. The design and makeup of the LTTS™ has made these advantages possible. With safer practices, the benefits are endless for clients who have a love for large trees and a desire to preserve specimen trees.
- The Box is engineer approved with a high safety rating that adheres to protocol for commercial and residential projects.
- The LTTS™ design eliminates fracturing of the root ball, which can be caused when handling hand dug root balls.
- Stabilization of the ball in The Box protects regenerated roots created from root pruning.
- No pinning or strapping of the tree takes place. This eliminates old practices which causes stress to the cambium layer.
- All lifting is done and supported by The Box. The tree is never touched nor compromised.
- The steel base plate is removed during the planting process, preventing tree settling.
The Box is designed to cut the bottom roots and stabilize the root zone of large trees being relocated. Stabilization of the root zone in The Box starts the root regeneration process quicker. It also reduces stress and damage to the original root system and tree structure during the relocation process.
HOW IT WORKS
HOW IS MY TREE BOXED?
10-14" Caliper Trees
The 7′ x 7′ LTTS digs a 10″-14″ caliper tree. This tree weighs approximately 20,000 pounds. UFW requires 3-5 months of root pruning.
15-28" Caliper Trees
The 10′ x 10′ LTTS digs a 15″-28″ caliper tree. This tree weighs approximately 60,000 pounds. UFW requires 6-8 months of root pruning.
29"+ Caliper Trees
The 20′ x 20′ LTTS digs a 29″-50″ caliper tree. This tree weighs approximately 200,000 + pounds. UFW requires 9-12 months of root pruning.
At Urban Forestry Works, we have the privilege of enhancing landscapes nationwide. From saving large historic oaks, to providing new mature landscape for upscale developments, golf courses, and municipalities, our family continues to take pride in our mission of honoring every tree’s story.
UFW worked for The PGA and TPC Sawgrass installing specimen live oaks at the clubhouse and on the golf course in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL. UFW installed over 35 trees in key locations to bring character, size, and a native look to the world-renowned golf course. It was...
UFW transplanted 24″ caliper live oaks using our 10×10 LTTS from Florida to Alpharetta, GA for an urban development called Avalon. These trees were installed in and around restaurants, businesses and condominiums to create shade and bring size and character to a...
UFW installed 13, 12-15” caliper live oaks in Historic Downtown Winter Garden. A new parking garage was being built to accommodate the city’s vibrant culture and atmosphere. It was important to the city to preserve and maintain their acclaimed tree canopy. The city of...